Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A new & interesting experience



Angela Mac Donald
g09m3011








A new & interesting experience


It was late Sunday night when I checked my email to find out what JMS1 tutorial preparation/assignment was due for Monday afternoon. Presented with the task of partaking in something unfamiliar, different, fun, for at least an hour, I decided I would join in on the boys' LAN.


To be a bit more specific, I was at my boyfriend's house (Chris) with his two best friends (Matt and Damien). The guys had decided to relive one of their all time favourite childhood experiences by LANing for hours on end.


The pull-in factor for me was that (a) I have never taken part in a LAN, (b) my younger brother and his friends LAN and I was interested to know what it was all about, (c) I wanted to experience what it was like to be completely absorbed in the happenings on my PC screen.


All in all, I found the experience surprisingly exhilarating and absorbing. Call Of Duty 2 (aka COD2) is such an awesome game; the graphics are brilliant, the actions and audio are frighteningly realistic and the suspense is unmatched by any other computer game I have ever played. It is definitely an experience that I look forward to taking part in again; hopefully with my little brother next time.


To anyone who has never played COD2, give it a go! It feels so great to step out of your comfort zone, even if it's only for a while, and be one of the boys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment